The International Policy Center (IPC) / Weiser Diplomacy Center (WDC) offer funding to Ford School undergraduate and graduate students to design and carry out student-initiated projects (SIPs). These projects must have an international affairs/policy focus. Some examples of recent SIPs include:
- Presenting research at an international policy conference;
- Participating in an international affairs/policy simulation;
- Conducting relevant short-term research or work-studies over break.
Typical awards range from approximately $1,000 for a single student to $5,000 for initiatives involving several Ford School students.
IPC/WDC typically offer two SIP award cycles per academic year (during Fall and Winter terms).
- Ford School undergraduate and graduate students.
How to Apply
For more information about SIP opportunities, including application requirements and deadlines, please visit this program's M-Compass brochures:
- For BA students: $ Ford: Undergraduate Student Initiated Project Award
- For MPA/MPP/PhD students: $ Ford: Graduate Student Initiated Project Award
Interested students should apply for SIP funding using the above M-Compass pages. Unfortunately, IPC / WDC cannot accept applications via email.
If you have any questions regarding this funding opportunity, please contact the following staff members: